Technical Officer – WASH
- Job location: Assasuni Upazila under Satkhira District.
- Project duration – 1 April 2017 to March 2018
Job Description / Responsibility
- The Technical Officer will be based in field office located at Assuni Upazila under Satkhira District and will be responsible to achieve the project plans through providing technical guidance to field staff, mason groups, and develop capacity of caretakers and WASH committees. Ensure quality, quantity and effectiveness of hardware installation. This position will solely engage to achieve WASH plan of Charity: water funded project and expects to perform different responsibilities. Including but not limited to;
- The TO is responsible to develop technical capacity of field staff through facilitating orientation sessions on technicalities of the design and specification.
- Support the purchase committee to identify capable suppliers and skilled labor groups within reasonable price.
- Ensure that required materials are supplied as per agreed specification and within the scheduled timeframe.
- Facilitate the training sessions for mason and tube-well sinking labor on technical design and compliance requirements.
- Establish relationship and linkage with upazila DPHE and union parisad, and their engagement with the implementation process.
- Ensure that project targets are achieved as per planned schedule and design specification within the time frame.
- Support the project team to prepare detail implementation plan (DIP) with logical manner and considering local context and project outcomes.
- TO will look after the day to day progress of hardware activity implementation and establish participatory monitoring systems to ensure quality intervention.
- Extend support to conduct baseline survey, quarterly output monitoring and annual outcome monitoring survey.
- Support the field team to identify suitable sites for hardware installation through ensuring community’s participation.
- Conduct regular field visit to monitor physical progress and accountability & compliance issues are addressed in line with the implementation strategy.
- Capture field information, update database, capture photographs (pre, during & post) and prepare case-studies for external circulation.
- Engage with the barrier analysis process and implement the behavior change strategy using DBC Framework and guidance provided by the technical expert.
- Facilitate the caretakers training on repair and maintenance through engaging DPHE engineer and technician.
- Facilitate the linkage establish process between DPHE, UP and Caretakers, so that technical supports are ensured for future maintenance.
- Ensure that gender and equality issues are mainstreamed in the implementation process and downward accountability commitments are implemented.
- Participate monthly/quarterly meetings and contribute in plan reviewing progress, identifying gaps and update the plan to achieve project results.
- Examine ad authorize all bills against materials supply and labor works for hardware installation and ensure value for money is addressed.
- Perform additional responsibilities related to the organizations priorities as and when requested by the Executive Director and Focal Person.
- Hardware activities implementation:
- Share the designs of water & sanitation intervention with user community and refresh/update the design by incorporating suggestions/feedbacks.
- Provide technical judgments/logics during selection of suitable sites for water point and latrine construction.
- Review and update the BOQ and specifications based on locally available construction materials.
- Ensure the quality of supplied materials and masonry construction works are maintained standards and specifications.
- Make sure the visibility plaques are prepared and placed at each hardware intervention prior to capturing completion photographs.
- Documentation and water quality:
- Capture relevant information and update the database regularly, share the updates to respective project management team.
- Capture photographs for each water point, latrine and different events/sessions organized under WaSH project.
- Collection water samples and arrange for water quality testing from reliable laboratory on selective parameters prior to open for public use.
- Capacity Building Initiatives:
- Facilitate caretakers training for caretakers on repair and maintenance and use of tools.
- Facilitate technical training on design and construction approach for mason and other labor groups.
- Co-facilitate the Capacity building training on roles & responsibilities and future management for WASH committee.
- Facilitate technical capacity building initiatives and provide on the job training for field staff.
- B Sc Eng./ Diploma in civil engineering
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- At least 3 years of working experience on technical responsibility in WaSH sector
- Should have strong knowledge on rural water supply, water quality monitoring, hygiene promotion and sanitation approaches
- Experience on training facilitation will be an advantage.
- Familiar with computer (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Satkhira (Assasuni)
- Tk. 26070
- Online Job Posting
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Jul 11, 2017
Address : House # 614, Road # 12, Baitul Aman Housing Society, Adabor, Dhaka-1207
Web : www.shushilan.org
Business : Shushilan – a non-profit organization has been working in the field of Livelihoods, Environmental Resource Management, Health & Nutrition, Human Rights & Good Governance, Disaster Management and People organization development in Bangladesh since 1991.