Manager – Policy, Rights & Governance
Save the Children
- Save the Children invites applications for the position for Good Cause Campaign project. The overall goal of this project is to mitigate unsafe migration and advance the right for children on the move to protection, education, play and development. This is an integrated project implemented through multi-sectoral approach involving Child Protection (CP), Policy Rights Governance (PRG), Education and Humanitarian Sector. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
Job Description / Responsibility
- The objective of this position is to provide technical support in implementation of Good Cause Campaign (GCC) project (a project jointly implementing by CP, PRG and Education sector) of Save the Children.
- The Manager is mainly responsible to continue the advocacy initiatives with ministry of LGRD&C and to ensure children participation & budget allocation for children in local government.
- S/he will also ensure ‘Kolorob’ Application in Multiple Activity Centres and facilitate the operational research component of the project.
- Responsibilities include, provide organizational & institutional capacity support to project partner, including children and youth groups/networks, facilitate trainings in governance, social accountability tools and facilitate high level policy meetings and network with relevant key stakeholders.
- S/he will work closely with other thematic sectors of Save the Children, particularly with Child Protection and Education.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Social Science or relevant discipline.
- At least 6 year(s)
- At least 6 years experiences in right based project, preferably in children on the move, local government, sports for development, ICT for development and partnership management, including 3 years in management position.
- S/he is expected to have experience on Advocacy, particularly on child rights in Bangladesh, with good knowledge on gender dynamics and issues related to adolescent girls, as well as working experience with young people and children focusing on child participation and empowerment of children. Sound understanding on local government, the administration of the urban governance in Bangladesh, good knowledge about UNCRC.
- Excellent skill on Project Cycle Management, including budgeting & M&E, as well as people and partnership management skill.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
Save the Children