Officer, QC & Livestock Health (BRAC Artificial Insemination Enterprise)
Job Description / Responsibility
- Preparation of plan and budget for animal health services, quality control activity, health camp and artificial insemination.
- Organize the related materials for health camp and implement the camp directly with the help of artificial insemination workers/LHW and other health camp would be supervised those which are to be run by internee or outside doctor’s team with the help of LHW.
- Ensure artificial insemination and supervise, monitor & evaluate artificial insemination worker’s activates at the farmer’s level.
- Establishment of diagnostic laboratory and directly test the sample collected from the organized farmers and execution of cross-breeding program with pure deep frozen semen of HF breed to increase milk production of the native cattle and organize model dairy farm to show as a good and efficient trainers
- Society formation with the help of artificial insemination worker within their territory. Arrange meeting with the dairy and meat producers to give advises on good practices of increasing high quality milk and meat production by applying modern technology.
- Arrange other services by keeping coordination with field operation section i.e., disease control by using de-worming tablet and vaccination, green fodder production & advises on feeding practices of balanced diet of cattle, keeping proper record and develop ICT based recording system for further analysis and evaluation on animal disease and production and selection. Compare the production and profitability.
- Maintaining strong liaison with livestock related government offices as well as with non-government offices.
- Frequent and prescribed report preparation and sending to the higher authority.
- Perform other assigned duties as needed.
The candidate should have DVM/ MS in Medicine/ Theriogenology/ Pathology with minimum GPA or CGPA 2.50 or 2nd division/ class or equivalent result in all academic examinations
- Age At most 32 year(s)
- Sound knowledge on veterinary medicine and animal production
- Must have good communication and negotiation skill
- Must have the skill of multitasking
- Must have the ability to work under pressure
- Experience candidates will be given preference
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Staff Security & Health Insurance Benefits, Festival Bonuses, Compulsory Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and others
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
If you feel that you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please send your detailed resume and a cover letter justifying your qualification for the applied position to BRAC Human Resource Division, BRAC Centre (5th floor), 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212 on or before November 23, 2016. Please mention the name of the position and EN – 571116 on top of the cover letter and the envelope. You can also apply online through careers.brac.net. Internal candidates are requested to apply through proper channel.
In case of ex-BRAC staff, PIN should be mentioned in CV.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. BRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Nov 23, 2016
Address : BRAC Centre, 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212
Business : BRAC Enterprises, the social enterprise and investment division of BRAC were initiated as intervention to serve a need or create market access for the marginal producers. BRAC Enterprises strives to strike the right balance between financial surplus and social returns in order to achieve the targeted double/ triple bottom lines. By operating as a surplus generating enterprises that aims to alleviate poverty through its business operations and supply chain, BRAC succeeds in implementing its vision to serve the society in a profitable manner. Now, these socially profitable enterprises, across crafts, agriculture, livestock, poultry, fisheries, health and retail sector are making a significant contribution to the local economy through the creation of market linkage, entrepreneurs and employment opportunities.