BBC Media Action
Job Description / Responsibility
- Research- Be involved in formulating research design and preparing RFPs/research brief (where appropriate).
- Designing Research Methodology: Working with ROs to design and draft research instruments. Input and help draft research design – sampling, recruitment and logistics. Reviewing research instruments (questionnaires, discussion guides) prepared by agencies/internal clients.
- Liaison with Agencies/field team conducting fieldwork: Help ROs to brief the field team and supervising the pretesting/piloting of the research instruments, and recruitment of research participants as needed. Monitor and control the quality of fieldwork/data collection.
- Conducting fieldwork: Moderate focus groups, and conduct depth interviews, PRAs, ethnographies. Continually look for ways to improve data collection, research design, moderation and analysis of data.
- Analysis and reporting: Work closely with ROs in analysis of qualitative data, and help drafting reports.
- Presenting Findings: Research Assistant may require presenting research findings to internal clients and stakeholders. So, good presentation skill will be an asset.
- Personal Development: Review the latest trends and developments in research methodologies related to behaviour change, impact assessment and communications research, and evaluate their suitability to the Media Action’s Research and Learning work.
- Training – Participate in Research and Learning workshops, and represent the Trust in other knowledge sharing workshops related to project activities and project partners. Train and share knowledge with the assistants where appropriate.
- A minimum bachelor degree from any social science discipline or any relevant discipline.
- Masters or MBA will add value.
- Experience in audience research specially in maternal and neo-natal child health and social media platform and/or transparency, accountability and community participation within democratic processes in Bangladesh.
- Experience using qualitative/interview research methodologies.
- Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel and Power point;
- Strong written and spoken Bangla and English. Simultaneous interpretation ability from Bengali to English will be an asset.
- Good time management skills, with a track record of delivering research findings to deadline.
- Demonstrable understanding of cultural diversity and cross-cultural research within Bangladesh.
- Experience with statistical software packages such as SPSS is an added benefit.
- Previous research experience working with NGOs, or media organization will be an added benefit.
- Online Job Posting
The BBC is an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline : Jul 16, 2017
BBC Media ActionBusiness : BBC Media Action is the BBC`s international development charity. We use media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. We partner with civil society, local media and others to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues, and strengthen the media sector through capacity building. Our work is built on insights from our research and engagement with communities, and is focused on three key themes: governance and human rights, health and resilience.